Friday, February 25, 2011

Art Style Perspective

After some thought about the design and appearance of the game, I am yet to consider what the game's perspective would be.

Ideally I would rather have the game to be in a permanent Three-Quarter view, however reflecting this within a 3D environment would be tricky. My experience with Cell-Shading in general is minimal however with the addition of the Toon-Shading of Unity it could be achievable.

The alternative is the side scrolling perspective which would make the game play much more simple and would allow the art to extend to the background which would allow the art style to be reflected far more easily. Using Unity would also achieve this, Adobe Flash would also work but I would rather not use it.

The other alternative is a 'free-perspective' where the camera can look everywhere with the player centered on the screen. I was trying to avoid this as this may complicate with the art style.

As of now, I am vouching for the Three-Quarter view. The Toon shader pulls off the job well however the particle effects may need a bit more tinkering.

No comments:

Post a Comment